It’s easy to think of SEO as a tool that optimises the success of your online presence. You probably already know the importance of using the right keywords and content to promote increased traffic and leads online. Fibre helps clients with this aspect of search engine marketing, but we also recognise the value of local SEO. This is the work that you need to do so that more people can find your business on the high street.
Just as SEO helps people find your business online, local SEO helps them find you offline. It’s all about taking the right action to make sure that you feature near the top of search results when users search for a local business. This happens when Google recognises a user’s geolocation when they search for, as an example, ‘Chinese restaurants nearby,’ or when their search includes a location, such as ‘Chinese restaurants in Cheltenham.’
Fibre helps your business to rank highly in these search results by:
- Making sure that you have local business listings which are comprehensive and current, by utilising services such as Google My Business and Bing
- Researching locally-focused keywords for you to use in your web content
- Helping you to secure listings in online directories such as Yelp
- Ensuring your content is optimised for local SEO, as well as being globally effective
- Testing your web presence for effectiveness in local searches
You may have an online store which attracts customers from the UK and internationally. This is one side of your business, but what about your bricks and mortar store? You don’t want to miss the opportunity to use your digital presence to increase footfall and sales in-store.
Fibre makes sure that your online listings are accurate and complete, meaning that if you have a cupcake store in Plymouth, and a user also located there searches for ‘cupcakes for sale,’ your store should appear in the results. There are many factors that are taken into account when Google decides which results to display first, but being as accurate as possible helps your business to secure a higher ranking.
Google uses three main factors when it determines local search rankings. We use each of these factors to help your business optimise its local SEO performance:
Relevance is all about closely matching your product or service to a user’s search. This is why it’s important to be specific when it comes to your online listings. We have worked with clients from a variety of industries to make sure their listings are optimised for local SEO, and we will make sure this happens for you.
Accuracy is also important when it comes to local SEO. Ensuring that the address in your listing is accurate and up to date can make a big difference to where you appear in the search results.
Many well-known landmarks rank highly in search results because people are familiar with them. We will help you to raise the profile of your presence so that your prominence factor improves. This can be done by:
- Improving the way you receive and respond to online reviews
- Using SEO best practices to improve your overall search engine ranking
- Increasing your visibility online by increasing the number of published links and articles, from which Google can find information about your business
Improving the ranking of your business in local search results is vital if you want to maximise your digital presence.